The mighty Bonda Ma Jacques, originating from Saint Lucia, but lovingly grown in SW Scotland by Professor Pods.
This variety has been reported to score as high as 350,000 Scoville Heat Units, so a pretty hot pepper. I see no reason to doubt this, based on taste tests I've done of my pods.
We feel this is a nice example of how good a Scottish grown chilli can taste. An immense citrusy, tangy front end, underpinned by creamy habanero notes that slowly yield to an escalating, significant heat. This chilli has character by the bucket load.
Perfect for use in any Caribbean cooking, and sublime on burgers. Mix it with mayo to make a stellar hot dip. Try it - if you can take the heat, you will not be disappointed!
- Vegetarian and vegan friendly.
- Ingredients: water, chillies, vinegar (distilled from malted barley), onion, sea salt, garlic, rapeseed oil
- Preservatives: ascorbic acid (E300), citric acid (E330)
- Contents: 155 ml e (in recyclable glass bottle)
- Please check out Policies and FAQS for more information about our policies, shipping, insurance, returns, allergens and shelf lives.