Growing exotic chillies from the Bahamas in Scotland?? Are you mad? Yes, and yes! They were unhappy, and exceptionally fragile plants, but we rose to the challenge and succeeded.
True to the Professor Pods mission of fielding high quality chilli sauces, including rare varieties, let us introduce the Bahamian Goat Pepper.
This little beauty is dwarf habanero with the loveliest pods - little orange/pink blushes. Don't let looks deceive you, the pods are wickedly hot. Goat peppers have been measured at between 200,000 - 500,000 Scoville Heat Units and I'd certainly believe that.
These babies pack a mighty punch, yet rival the best tasting chillies anywhere. Bam! An immediate, strong heat, with immense flavour following on and the heat easily detectable some minutes later. Perhaps more than any other chilli I've tasted, this variety oozes the taste of freshly cracked black peppercorns.
You can use this for cooking, but it'd be sacrilege. It's an outstanding hot sauce that will make almost anything taste better. Rare, tasty and unique - what's not to like?
- Vegetarian and vegan friendly.
- Ingredients: water, chillies, vinegar (distilled from malted barley), onion, salt, garlic, rapeseed oil
- Preservatives: ascorbic acid (E300), citric acid (E330)
- Contents: 155 ml e (in recyclable glass bottle)
- Please check out Policies and FAQS for more information about our policies, shipping, insurance, returns, allergens and shelf lives.