Professor Pods love growing aji chillies - often, but not exclusively, members of the Capsicum baccatum branch of the chilli family tree. Aji chillies are not so well known in the UK, but are very popular in South America, and for good reason.
Aji chillies are much less fiery than habaneros etc but have strong, fruity tastes that are captivating. This makes for superb sauces that can then be used to make vibrant salsas, salad dressings and dips.
These chillies aren't too happy growing in our Scottish climate, but we love them and grow them anyway. The initial taste is very fruity, which evolves to a medium-heat level and a dominant peppery taste. Pods from this variety have been reported to be about 20,000 Scoville Heat Units.
This sauce goes well with pretty much anything, but excels in salsas, as a hot sauce for burgers, sandwiches and cheeses. If you've never tried an aji variety, then this is a good place to start!
- Vegetarian and vegan friendly.
- Ingredients: water, chillies, vinegar (distilled from malted barley), onion, salt, garlic, rapeseed oil
- Preservatives: ascorbic acid (E300), citric acid (E330)
- Contents: 155 ml e (in recyclable glass bottle)
- Please check out Policies and FAQS for more information about our policies, shipping, insurance, returns, allergens and shelf lives.